Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Photo Miscellany from Island in the Sky to the Needles District, Canyonlands National Park, Part 1.

A few weeks ago I did not have time to add some photographs for two or three of my blog postings, so here are a few of from my travels from Island in the Sky to the Needles, Canyonlands National Park.

View west from the Neck, Island in the Sky.


Looking down on the Schafer Road, from the Neck.


Monitor & Merrimac Buttes, on the road down from Island in the Sky.


A closer view.


The Colorado River on the Potash Road, west of Moab.


Jughandle Arch on the Potash Road, west of Moab.


Moon rising over the La Sal Mountains, from my New Year’s campsite.


View from the Needles Overlook, towards the Needles.


Pines or firs in their own micro-climate, miles away from their nearest siblings.


Church Rock at the road junction that takes you to 
the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park.



Newspaper Rock, on the road to the Needles District.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments. If you have read "the Journey" Tab you will know that my time online is usually limited; I trust you will understand that I may not be able to reply to comments or specific questions, but that perhaps they might be addressed in future posts.