Thursday, June 16, 2016

Coos Art Museum Maritime Show soon …

… and the commission I’ve been working on so long is finished and will be shipped next week.  I finished the first painting on February 15th and the second on the 4th of May, and I’ve been playing catch-up ever since.  No … you can’t see the finished works since part of the contract is no publicity.  The worst thing is that I am paid in British pounds sterling and the pound has been falling in relation to the dollar, thanks to the possibility of Britain exiting Europe. 

I had hoped to finish them a week or two earlier, so I could do a couple of Seascapes to meet the submission deadline for the Coos Art Museum Maritime show, but that was not to be, so I submitted a couple of small Oils done on-site last October (as seen below), and they were accepted into this year’s show.

The Exhibition is open to the general public from July 10, 2016 – September 24, 2016, at the Coos Art Museum, 235 Anderson Avenue Coos Bay, Oregon 97420; Phone: 541-267-3901.

C1605
"Blown before the Storm"
(China Creek, Bandon, Oregon Coast)
Oil Sketch on Centurian Oil Primed Linen Panel
5" x 7"

C1605
"Heavy Seas at Elephant Island
with the Cat and Kittens Beyond"
(Bandon, Oregon Coast)
Oil Sketch on Centurian Oil Primed Linen Panel
5" x 7"

Sold during Exhibition

The first one you have seen before, in a post last Autumn.  I was going to post the second one as well, but I kept looking at it and finally put a few finishing touches on it only in the Spring, so I had it on hand when the submission deadline loomed.  Im looking forward to the opening weekend in 3 weeks, or so I need a beer; I havent had one since the Artists get together, at the Mexican Restaurant & over the road from the Museum, last year!  Maybe Ill push the boat out and have two this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments. If you have read "the Journey" Tab you will know that my time online is usually limited; I trust you will understand that I may not be able to reply to comments or specific questions, but that perhaps they might be addressed in future posts.