Sunday, January 31, 2016

Where Are I?

I know it has been two months since my last posting, but there was a lot of paperwork to be done after my dear old Mom died … and now there are the annual accounts to prepare, as well.  There is also the matter the commissions I have been working for the past 13 months, throughout it all, and on which I have a concentrated few weeks left to finish them off.  Therefore, I beg your forbearance, and will reappear in the next posting when those are completed.  After that I will be preparing to get back out into the wild to paint and begin posting them here.  Meanwhile, I will leave you with a page from one of my sketchbooks, done several years ago in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, on the Washington side of the Columbia Gorge.  Ta ta, for now ...

“Lower Lewis Falls”
(Gifford Pinchot National Forest, Washington Cascades)

From an Original Sketchbook Drawing in Sepia Wash
heightened with White & Naples Yellow on Turner’s Blue Paper
(sketchbook page size approx. 5” x 7”)

There is also a Middle & Upper Lewis Falls, both of which I saw as well, before I came back to this site and drew this scene.  It was 18:21 when I began this sketch and had to work rapidly before the light faded.  I downed tools at 20:07.  On a brighter day I might have worked longer, but it had gradually clouded over throughout the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments. If you have read "the Journey" Tab you will know that my time online is usually limited; I trust you will understand that I may not be able to reply to comments or specific questions, but that perhaps they might be addressed in future posts.